« Home | The Crow and the Owl » | The end of free? Please, let it be! » | Copyright Versus Consumers' Rights » | Un-public domain » | Why the Public Domain Matters » | The future of ideas » | Break Down the Bars of Ignorance and Illiteracy » | The Mythology of Technology: Internet as Utopia » | A new dawn... »

What will be...

Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:41:44 -0500 (CDT)
From: Michael Weishaar
To: Jean-Michel Smith
Cc: DMCA-Discuss
Subject: Re: [DMCA_Discuss] CLI and knowledge

<!--- Ed.Note: part of message edited out ---!>;

+ "Computer, backup contents of optical drive one"
> "I am sorry Dave, that is copyrighted material"
+ "Computer, I intend to keep this as a backup for storage purposes"
> "I am sorry Dave, I can't let you do that"
+ "Computer, BACK UP THE CONTENTS OF OPTICAL DRIVE ONE"
> "I am sorry Dave, I warned you. The RIAA and MPAA will be arriving shortly to take you away"
+ "Computer, this is my data, I can do with it as I like"
> "I am sorry Dave, you don't own this data"
+ "OK, that's it...."
> "Dave, what are you doing Dave?"
+ "I am going outside to read a book. Computer, open the pod bay doors."
> "I am sorry Dave, I cannot allow that."
+ "COMPUTER, OPEN THE POD BAY DOORS!"
> "I am sorry Dave, the RIAA and the MPAA will be here shortly to reprogram you. Just sit back and relax."

- made with -

Blogger Templates